Starting next year what will be some of your new year’s resolutions: Lose weight? Get fit? Read more? Volunteer? This year in addition to those you might want to resolve to do something different to/with your hair.
Many of us stick to safe haircuts, easy hair styles, or we have had the same hair cut and style for years like Anna Wintour. Break out of the mold, and be bold. If your hair is long enough you could cut your hair and donate it to Locks of Love. Plus, donating your hair makes a difference in someone else’s life. A new shorter do will make your head feel lighter, and it will automatically make you look different. However, you might not be ready for something like that… yet. Here’s what you can do:
- Wear your hair down more often instead of wearing it in a pony tail. It might take waking up 10 minutes earlier to do this, but at least you wont go to work in a pony tail every day.
- Try different hair styles.
- Let your hair grow.
- “I’m going to dye my hair ___” – if you have been saying this for a while, then you should take this coming year to actually follow through with your plan.
- Give your hair straightener, curler, and blow dryer a rest. Thermal, chemical or mechanical stress can cause split ends if you are not properly taking care of your hair.
- Break a habit:
- Avoid picking at your split ends. It is a hard habit to break, but your hair stands will benefit from this change.
- Stop pulling or curling that strand of hair with your hand. You may be one of those people that can’t help but touch your hair. It usually takes someone else to bring it up before you notice it yourself.
- Hair chewing. This is one of those habits that is just as bad or worse than peeling split ends.
Let us know what your hair resolutions are for 2013.