The Hair Stylist is responsible for delivering exceptional customer service while providing the full range of hair care services that Salon Passione offers, and provide exceptional customer service.
- Valid current cosmetology license
- Excellent time management skills, and the ability to multi-task.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule including nights and weekends.
- Ability to communicate with customers regarding services offered and requested and the customer’s needs and wants.
- Conduct quality consultations by suggesting hairstyles according to physical features of the customer, current styles, or from the customer’s instructions.
- Maintain professional appearance and a positive attitude.
- Maintain workstation and other salon areas in a sanitary, clean, orderly manner to board certified standards for cleanliness.
Physical Requirements and Work Environment:
- Continuous standing throughout the day to perform hair services and other job related functions.
- Continuous walking – greeting the client at the front of the salon and walking them back to the styling chair, to and from the shampoo area, to get supplies needed for the service and walking the client back to the front of the salon.
- Continuous repetitive movement with fingers, hands, wrists and arms using scissors to cut hair, rolling hair in rods to perform perm services, vigorous movement to massage/shampoo client’s hair, twisting wrists to blow dry and styling hair with various irons.
- Continuous grasping of client’s hair, blow dryer, curling iron, combs, and hair coloring brushes in order to perform services.
- Continuous reaching, alternating between shoulder level and above shoulder level height to perform services, stock shelves, retrieve product/supplies from cupboards and shelves.
- Frequent twisting and bending to shampoo client’s hair and twisting to reach for tools while client is seated in styling chair and sweep hair off the floor after service.
- Occasional pushing and pulling to move styling chair.
- Continuous exposure to various chemicals and fragrances used in performing services and styling hair, including but not limited to permanent solutions, straightening solutions, shampoos, conditioners, hair spray and client perfume.